As a general rule, heeding advice from those older than us is wise and recommended (Lev. 19:32; Deut. 32:7; Prov. 1:8; 4:1-4, etc.); however, there can be exceptions. Remember that it was the older prophet who led the younger prophet astray and to his death (1 Kings 13). It was the younger generation who had the faith and courage to take the promised land of Canaan (Num. 13, 14; Josh. 3). It was young David who had more wisdom and faith than his older brothers and King Saul (1 Sam.… Read more
Cold, Hard Facts for Warm, Tender Hearts
- God hates abortion (Prov. 6:16-17).
- Babies are not born lost in sin or totally depraved—they are pure and will be in Heaven if they die or are murdered (2 Sam. 12:23; Ezek. 18:20; 28:15; Mt. 18:3; 19:14).
- God must come before family (Mt. 10:34-39).
- God loves homosexuals, but hates homosexuality (Jn. 3:16; 1 Cor. 6:9-11; Jude 7).
- A marriage is only for an eligible man and an eligible woman (Mt. 19:3-9).
- A couple joined by God in marriage may only divorce for one reason—fornication (the spouse not guilty of fornication may put away the adulterer—Mt.