- Nobody can predict when Jesus will return; Jesus Himself did not know (Mt. 24:36, 42, 43, 50; 25:13; Mk. 13:32, 33, 35; 1 Thess. 5:1-3; 2 Pet. 3:10).
- Nobody today can perform miracles (Zech. 13:1-3; Jn. 11:17; 1 Cor. 13:8-12; Eph. 4:8-14).
- Nobody today is an apostle—an eyewitness of the resurrected Christ, able to give others miraculous powers (Acts 1:22; 8:12-18; 1 Cor. 9:1; 15:8, 9; Rev. 2:2).
- Nobody today receives Holy Spirit baptism, because only “one baptism” remains: “the washing of water” (Eph.
- “Follow your heart” is not in the Bible (Prov. 14:12; 16:25; 30:12; Jer. 10:23; 17:9).
- “It is always wrong to judge others” is not in the Bible (Matt. 7:5, 6, 15-20; Luke 12:57; 17:3; John 7:24; 1 Cor. 5; 6:2-5; Gal. 2:11-14; 4:16; Titus 2:15, etc.).
- “Babies inheriting sin” is not in the Bible (2 Sam. 12:23; Ezek. 18:20; 28:15; Matt. 18:3; 19:14).
- “Peter was the first pope” is not in the Bible (Matt.
In today’s “politically correct” world, most people do not want to hear anyone saying that someone else’s beliefs are wrong. This is a controversial subject that is often avoided at all costs. Many years ago, when Billy Graham was asked why he does not preach more on baptism, he said it was too controversial. In the days of Christ’s earthly ministry and the early days of the church, men did not avoid subjects that were “too controversial.” … Read more
I wonder how many people rely on the “faith of their fathers” to hopefully get them to Heaven, without ever really seeking the Truth on their own. So many are reared under so many different beliefs. These opposing religions cannot all be right, yet how many truly objectively question what they have been taught their whole lives and honestly seek the Truth? (Proverbs 8:17; Acts 17:27; Hebrews 11:6). The sad fact is that most Dads and Moms in the world are wrong when it comes to matters of faith (Matthew 7:13-14).… Read more
- Worship must be offered exactly the way God specified. It is not about what we may want, but what God wants (John 4:23, 24). Just ask Cain, Nadab, Abihu, Korah, Jeroboam, Uzziah, and many others who “learned this the hard way” in the Bible (Genesis 4:1-5; Leviticus 10:1-3; 1 Kings 12:26-33; 13:4; 2 Chronicles 26:16-23; Matthew 15:9; John 4:23, 24; Colossians 2:23, etc.).
- Mechanical instruments are not authorized in the New Testament for worship. God specified singing as the type of music He desires in New Testament worship (Romans 15:9; 1 Corinthians 14:15; Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16; James 5:13; cf.
“I have no objection to instruments of music in our worship, provided they are neither seen nor heard.” — John Wesley, founder of Methodism, quoted in Adam Clarke’s Commentary, Vol. 4, p. 685.
“But were it even evident, which it is not, either from this or any other place in the sacred writings, that instruments of music were prescribed by divine authority under the law, could this be adduced with any semblance of reason, that they ought to be used in Christian worship?… Read more
When it comes to the question “What must I do to be saved?,” some people object to the Biblical teaching of the essentiality of baptism for salvation. Quite often the person who objects to this requirement of God will say, “What about the thief on the cross? He was not baptized…” Please notice the following points regarding the forgiven thief on the cross:
Can one be so sure that the thief was never baptized? Multitudes had come to John from all surrounding areas to be baptized of him: “Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judea, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan…” (Matthew 3:5, 6).… Read more
In the world of politics, there are many disagreements and controversial topics that can stir up emotions such as anger. Often it seems that when one side cannot defend their position logically, they resort to irrational behavior such as name calling, vulgarity, or even acts of violence. They refuse to have an intelligent conversation, perhaps because they know their position will not stand the test of scrutiny. They typically resort to ad hominem arguments that attack people personally (rather than logically addressing the positions people hold), or quite often they simply shut down all conversation.… Read more
- God hates abortion (Prov. 6:16-17).
- Babies are not born lost in sin or totally depraved—they are pure and will be in Heaven if they die or are murdered (2 Sam. 12:23; Ezek. 18:20; 28:15; Mt. 18:3; 19:14).
- God must come before family (Mt. 10:34-39).
- God loves homosexuals, but hates homosexuality (Jn. 3:16; 1 Cor. 6:9-11; Jude 7).
- A marriage is only for an eligible man and an eligible woman (Mt. 19:3-9).
- A couple joined by God in marriage may only divorce for one reason—fornication (the spouse not guilty of fornication may put away the adulterer—Mt.
Muhammad is Inferior to Jesus Christ (even per the Quran, though the Quran is an uninspired book with many falsehoods about Jesus and other subjects)
- Jesus was the Christ, the prophesied Savior (Quran 3:45; 9:31; Gen. 3:15; Psa. 16:10; 22:16-18; Isa. 7:14; Mic. 5:2, etc.); Muhammad was not.
- The Quran does not say that Muhammad did miracles, but that Jesus did! (Quran 3:49; 5:110).
- Muhammad claimed to be a true apostle, but he could not begin to do “the signs of an apostle” (2 Cor.