· It belongs to CHRIST (Matthew 16:18).
· It was built by CHRIST (Matthew 16:18).
· It is the kingdom of CHRIST (Matthew 16:18, 19, 28).
· Its foundation is CHRIST (1 Corinthians 3:11).
· Its only head is CHRIST (Colossians 1:18).
· It is the body of CHRIST (Ephesians 1:22-23).
· It is the flock of CHRIST (Acts 20:28).
· It was bought by CHRIST (Acts 20:28).
· Its Saviour is CHRIST (Ephesians 5:23).
· It is the bride of CHRIST (Ephesians 5:22-32).
· It is sanctified by CHRIST (Ephesians 5:26).… Read more
“I have no objection to instruments of music in our worship, provided
they are neither seen nor heard.” —
John Wesley, founder of Methodism, quoted in Adam Clarke’s Commentary, Vol. 4, p. 685.
“But were it even evident, which it is not, either from this or
any other place in the sacred writings, that instruments of music were
prescribed by divine authority under the law, could this be adduced with any
semblance of reason, that they ought to be used in Christian worship?… Read more
When those on the day of Pentecost realized they had slain the sinless, resurrected Son of God, they asked what they should do to be forgiven. Though most modern preachers would tell people to simply “accept Jesus as their personal Savior,” to “pray the sinner’s prayer,” or “ask Jesus to come into their hearts,” that is not what Peter instructed them to do:
“Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
… Read more
In the world of politics, there are many disagreements and controversial topics that can stir up emotions such as anger. Often it seems that when one side cannot defend their position logically, they resort to irrational behavior such as name calling, vulgarity, or even acts of violence. They refuse to have an intelligent conversation, perhaps because they know their position will not stand the test of scrutiny. They typically resort to ad hominem arguments that attack people personally (rather than logically addressing the positions people hold), or quite often they simply shut down all conversation.… Read more