Even after September 11, 2001 and all the wickedness the false religion of Islam has brought into this world over the last 1400 years, Islam is now reportedly the fastest growing religion in the world. With about 1.9 billion adherents, 1 out of every 4 human beings is a Muslim! That should not be the case, because Islam was started by a false prophet who was obviously using deception to gain riches, land, power, and women, and the Bible warns of deceivers who would come along claiming an angel told them something different than what the Bible says (Gal. 1:6-9). The truth is that Islam is inferior to Christianity in every conceivable way.
Muhammad is Inferior to Jesus Christ (even per the Quran, though the Quran is an uninspired book with many falsehoods about Jesus and other subjects)
- Muhammad’s example and teachings appealed to the lusts of the flesh (girls/women), the lust of the eyes (riches and land), and the pride of life (power)—hallmarks of Satan himself (cf. Gen. 3:5-6; Matt. 4:3-11; 1 John 2:15-17).
- Muhammad claimed that Allah said Muslim men could have up to four wives, but Muhammad later refused to stop at four, going on to take at least 13! (Quran 4:3).
- A 52 year old Muhammad had sexual relations with a 9 year old girl (Vanwinkle “Not a Muslim” 2017; cf. Sahih Al Bukhari 1997, 5133).
- Muhammad claimed to be a true apostle, but he could not begin to do “the signs of an apostle” (2 Cor. 12:12), nor lay hands on others to give them miraculous gifts (Acts 8:18; Rom. 1:11; 2 Tim. 1:6); Jesus could both do miracles and baptize men with the Holy Spirit to give them miraculous power (Matt. 3:11; Acts 2:1-4, 22; 10:44-47; 11:16).
- The Quran does not say that Muhammad did miracles, but that Jesus did (Quran 3:49; 5:110).
- Muhammad is dead and in Hades; Jesus is alive in Heaven on the right hand of God the Father (Quran 4:158; Acts 2:22-36).
- Muhammad was not raised from the dead, but even the Quran says that Jesus ascended to Heaven (Quran 4:158).
- Muhammad is accursed for preaching a different message than that revealed in God’s Word, the Holy Bible (Gal. 1:6-9).
- The Quran states that Jesus was the Christ, the prophesied Savior (Quran 3:45; 9:31; Gen. 3:15; Psa. 16:10; 22:16-18; Isa. 7:14; Mic. 5:2, etc.); Muhammad was not.
- The Quran says that Muhammad sinned (Quran 40:55; 47:19; 48:1-2), but it never claims Jesus sinned, and called Jesus “righteous” (Quran 6:85; cf. 3:45).
- The Quran says Jesus will return, but Muhammad will not (Quran 43:61).
- Jesus will baptize Muhammad: Based on the known events of Muhammad’s life, Jesus will baptize Muhammad in unquenchable fire (Matt. 3:11-12; Gal. 1:6-9).
The Concept of “Allah” is Inferior to the True God Yahweh
- The Quran says that Allah does not love unbelievers (Quran 3:31-32; 30:43-45); but the Bible says Yahweh loved all men before they loved Him (John 3:16; Rom. 5:8; 1 John 4:10, 19).
- In an article called “Is Allah God?” Phillip Vanwinkle wrote, “Allah’s ‘justice’ appears to be arbitrary and does not require a sinless sacrifice at all” (2017); while Yahweh’s justice is truly holy and consistent (Isa. 59:1-2; Hab. 1:13; Rom. 5:8-10; 6:23; 1 John 3:4).
- Islamic writings state that Allah will place the guilt of Muslims on Jews and Christians (Sahih Muslim 2017, 6665, 6666, 6668); but Yahweh judges every man impartially, according to every man’s own works (Rom. 2:11; 1 Pet. 1:17; Rev. 20:12-13).
- The Quran says that Allah is the greatest of all deceivers (Quran 3:54; 7:99; 8:30)—maybe because this deceiver called “Allah” is really the work of Satan in disguise (2 Cor. 11:13-15).
The Quran is Inferior to The Bible
- The Quran has no prophetic proofs; the Bible is full of them.
- The Quran contains the testimony of only one man (versus 40 inspired writers from over 1600 years who penned the Holy Bible).
- The Quran says that God’s Word can never be altered or corrupted (Quran 6:34; 6:115; 10:64).
- However, modern Muslims say the original words of the Bible came from God but have been corrupted; thus, they contradict the Quran and Muhammad.
- Muhammad never claimed that the Bible was corrupted: “Muhammad did not question the accuracy of the Bible. The accusation that the Bible had been corrupted came centuries after Muhammad, at a time when Muslim scholars recognized that there were contradictions between the Quran and the Bible. Yet the Quran points to the Bible as truth over 120 times” (Green N.d.).
- We have manuscripts and Bibles predating Muhammad, so we can prove that the Bible of Muhammad’s day said the same things our Bibles say today.
- The Quran gives lip service to the Bible while contradicting it.
- Muhammad could not read, and he may not have known enough about the Bible to realize that he was praising it and contradicting it at the same time!
- Muslims often discourage people from reading the Bible, perhaps for the same reasons Catholics have—they know the Bible consistently and clearly condemns their teachings.
- One Muslim wrote, “Muslims should respect the Bible because it does still contain some of the original teachings of Allah. But there is no need to go to Bible classes or purchase one to read to try to learn about what our purpose is here in this life. The Quran makes it clear that Allah has indeed, perfected our ‘way of life’ for us and has conferred on us His favor and has chosen for us to submit to Him in Islam” (Estes n.d.).
- Either the Bible is the Word of God, or it is not the Word of God.
- If the Bible is the Word of God, the Quran is not the Word of God.
- The Quran contradicts too many fundamental concepts found throughout the Bible, such as: the Sonship of Christ; the Fatherhood of God the Father and the love He showed by sending His Son to die for mankind’s salvation; the deity of Christ; the atoning sacrifice of Christ that was foreshadowed by innumerable blood sacrifices throughout the Patriarchal and Mosaic periods; the resurrection of Christ (which gives Christians the hope of resurrection); the Great Commission; and the New Testament plan of salvation, which includes baptism to obey the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ (denied by Muslims).
- Muslims cannot do away with such monumental themes of the Bible simply by vainly alleging that the Bible has some errors in it!
- Again, if the Bible is truly God’s Word, the Quran cannot be.
- If the Bible is not the Word of God, the Quran is not the Word of God.
- The Quran claims that the original words of the Bible came from Heaven (Quran 2:87, 136; 3:3; 4:163; 5:46), and that words that came from Heaven cannot be altered or corrupted (Quran 6:34; 6:115; 10:64).
- Therefore, if the Bible did not originate with God, or has become corrupted, the Quran’s claims about the Bible coming from Heaven were also false, making the Quran a false book.
- Conclusion: No matter what, the Quran is not the Word of God!
Islam is Inferior to Christianity
- The entire religion of Islam is based on the testimony of one man whom even the Quran says was a sinner—what if he committed the sin of lying when claiming prophethood?
- Islam is based on the testimony of a man who was inferior to Christ and a book that is inferior to the Bible.
- Islam says one may earn salvation if good works outweigh bad works (Quran 11:114; cf. 2:271, 277; 40:9, 39:61, 7:43).
- No true concept of redemption is found in Islam.
- Islam teaches unconditional predestination (Quran 2:142; 6:39; 6:125), which is inferior to conditional salvation obtained by men choosing to love and obey Yahweh.
- Islam’s Paradise is an appeal to men’s lusts of the flesh—like a harem in the sky with “bashful, dark-eyed virgins” (Quran 37:40-49).
- Islam as a whole appeals to the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, while Christianity focuses on love and spiritual purity.
- Islam’s polygamy is inferior to Christianity’s monogamy (Quran 4:3; Matt. 19:3-9).
- Islam teaches that women are like pieces of land for men to cultivate (Quran 2:223); Christianity teaches men to love their wives enough to die for them (Eph. 5:25).
- Islam teaches error about marriage, divorce, and remarriage (Quran 2:230).
- Islam condones sexual relations with children, claiming that Muhammad’s life is the ultimate example (Quran 33:21).
- Islam teaches that faithful Muslims should fight, subdue, and/or kill unbelievers (Quran 9:29, 73, 123; 5:51; 48:29; Sahih Muslim 30, 4366); Christianity teaches love and kindness towards enemies (Matt. 5:38-48; Rom. 12:17-21).
- The Bible’s prophecy regarding Ishmael seems to have been greatly fulfilled in Muhammad (who claimed to be in the lineage of Ishmael) and the false religion he started: “And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man’s hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren” (Gen. 16:11-12).
Estes, Yusef. N.d. “Bible Compared to Quran.” Accessed October 26, 2017. https://www.islamtomorrow.com/articles/Bible_vs_Quran.asp.
Green, Bruce. N.d. Islam & Christianity. Torrance, CA: Rose Publishing.
Sahih Al Bukhari. 1997. Translated Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan, formerly Director, University Hospital, Islamic University, Al-Madina Al-Munawwara Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Darussalam Publishers and Distributors. Riyadh-Saudi Arabia.
Sahih Muslim. 2007. Compiled by Imam Abul Hussain Muslim Ibn al-Hajjaj; translated by Nasiruddin al-Khattab. Darussalam. Maktaba Dar-us-Salem.
Vanwinkle, Phillip. 2017. “Is Allah God?” Truth for the World. Accessed October 25, 2017. https://truthfortheworld.org/blog/2017/04/is-allah-god
Vanwinkle, Phillip. 2017. “No, I’m Not a Muslim, Too!” Truth for the World. Accessed October 29, 2017. https://truthfortheworld.org/blog/2017/02/no,-im-not-a-muslim-too!